For your information, over $2 Billion has been spent or planned for existing sites or to build new Proton facilities at many US sites including:
Philadelphia, U of PA “Roberts Proton Therapy Center” Over $200mil Funded 2009
Hampton University Over $192mil Funded 2009
Northern Illinois University Unknown Planned 2010
Siteman Cancer Institute St Louis Unknown Planned
Oklahoma City Unknown Planned
Touro University, Mare Island CA. 1,200,000,000.00 Planned
Existing and operating Proton facilities (USA only – over 20 others exist worldwide) at a total cost of over $650mil:
• Loma Linda Proton Treatment Center – Loma Linda, CA (49 other body sites)
• Midwest Proton Radiotherapy Institute (MPRI) – Bloomington, IN
• Francis H. Burr Proton Therapy Center – Mass General Hospital – Harvard, Boston, MA
• M D Anderson Proton Therapy Center – Houston, TX
• Univ. of Florida Proton Therapy Facility – Jacksonville, FL
NEVER HEARD OF IT? THAT IS WHY WE TELL YOU ABOUT IT! – www.prostateproton.com. Talk to a Proton expert before you finalize your treatment decision.
Even though outcomes for the proton treatment equal or better any other approach with reduced side effects, all of these operating centers are spending millions on research and technical advances to expand the capability of the Proton.
Amazing is the fact that many men are still choosing to undergo invasive “Radical Prostatectomy”, invasive “Brachytherapy” or “X-ray Photon” procedures that damage non-targeted tissue.
Some day, this must change.