Loma Linda University Medical Center’s Proton Treatment Center passed the 8,000 Prostate cancers treated level with Protons; 8,108 treatments through June 30, 2007.
The other good news is that at Loma Linda over 12,000 people have been treated with Protons for 21 other body sites. The daily input will increase for Prostate Cancer treatment at LLUMC after a Robotic System installation for patient positioning is completed later this year.
Who is treating Prostate Cancer with Protons Today?
- Loma Linda University Medical Center, Loma Linda, Calif.
- Francis H. Burr Proton Center, Boston
- Midwest Proton Radiotherapy Institute, Bloomington, Ind.
- MD Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas
- University of Florida Proton Therapy Institute, Jacksonville , Florida
Who is developing Proton Facilities NOW?
- Northern Illinois Proton Therapy Facility
- University of Pennsylvania
- Hampton University in Virginia
- Seattle Cancer Care Alliance
- Oklahoma City
- Siteman Cancer Center – St. Louis, Mo.
Please check out this article: Proton Therapy: Cutting-Edge Treatment for Cancerous Tumors – worth your time.
I finish eight years on August 27th, 2007 cancer and side effects FREE!